1. What is the pathway of blood from the heart out to the body?
a. veins, venules, capillaries, arterioles, and arteries
b. capillaries, venules, arteries, veins, arterioles
c. artery, arterioles, capillaries, venules, veins
d. venules, capillaries, arterioles, veins, capillaries
2. What is the order ( from the inside out) of the layers in the artery?
a. tunica intima, tunica exterma, tunica media
b. tunica interior, tunica medialis, tunica external
c. pericardium, mediacardium, epicardium
d. tunica intima, tunica media, tunica externa
3. What are two features of capillaries?
a. diffusion, least numerous in active tissue
b. most numerous in active tissue, infussion
c. diffusion, most numerous in active tissue
d. none of the above
4. How is blood moved in the veins?
b. energy from ATP
c. contraction of nearby muscles
d. mr. moreno does it
5. What are the 4 contents of the liquid in blood?
a. water, proteins, salts, and nutrients
b. acid, fat, sugar, carbohydrates
c. carbonated water, apple juice, salts, milk
d. water, proteins, sugars, nutrients
6. What percent of blood cells are the erythrocytes?
7. What gives hemoglobin it's redness?
8. What are leukocytes?
a. red blood cells
b. white blood cells
c. a type of erythrocytes
9. What are the most numerous types of leukocytes?
10. What are the 3 functions of White blood cells?
a. destroy red blood cells
b. protect against pathogens
c. destroy old erythocytes
d. promote tissue repair
11. What is another name for thromboctyes?
c. red blood cells
d. white blood cells
12. What are the four general types of blood and their percents?
a. A (41%), B (5%), C (32%), O (22%)
b. A (2%), B (50%), AB (8%), O (40%)
c. A (41%), B (10%), AB (3%), O (46%)
d. none of the above
13. Which blood type accepts both alpha and beta agglutinins?
14. What are Agglutinogens?
15. Which of the following increase blood pressure?
a. small amount of blood
b. rough endothelium
c. less elasticity
d. B and C
16. What is hypertension?
a. low blood pressure
b. high blood pressure
c. too many blood cells
d. no blood pressure
17. In the lymph circulation what comes after lymph nodes?
b. lymph trunk
c. lymph ducts
d. lymph vessels
18. Which of the four does not aide in the movement of lymph?
a. contraction of smooth muscle
c. brain waves
d. pulsation of nearby arteries
19. What do nodules do?
a. make cells
c. make lymphocytes
d. destroy lymph
20. What are the two lymph ducts?
a. thoracic, right lymphatic
b. thorax, left lymphatic
c. pelvic, right lymphatic
d. thoracic, left lymphatic